The Cyprus Project Management Society (CPMS), will be offering the prestigious “PRINCE2TM“ training and exam certification in Cyprus. The course is subsidized by the Human Resources Development Authority, for eligible participants.
This intensive 5 day course will take place between the 26th and 30th of November 2012, from 9:00 to 17:00.
The course’s goal is to provide detailed instruction using and also applying the PRINCE2 methodology and on how to facilitate a controlled start, middle and end to project delivery. PRINCE2 (Projects in Controlled Environments), is a formal method for managing projects.
By the end of the course, delegates will:
- Have a practical understanding of PRINCE2TM
- Be Familiar with the course content and be prepared for the Foundation and Practitioner Exams
- Have a high – level overview of the PRINCE2TM method, its’ history, supporting documentation.
- Be familiar with the PRINCE2TM Components
- Be familiar with PRINCE2TM Techniques related to starting, directing and managing a project
Cost – Including the Examination Fees:
Registration Fee: €1.400
HRDA Subsidy: €570 (All Companies)
What is PRINCE2
A de facto standard used extensively by the UK Government and widely recognised and used in the private sector, both in the UK and internationally. The key features of PRINCE2 are:
- Its focus on business justification
- A defined organisation structure for the project management team
- Its product – based planning approach
- Its emphasis on dividing the project into manageable and controllable stages
Who Should Attend?
General Managers, Project & Programme Managers, Project Management Staff, Team Leaders, Business Consultants and finally all those professionals who wish to gain an understanding and knowledge of the PRINCE2TM method and gain formal recognition by taking the PRINCE2TM Practitioner exam.
PRINCE2’s formal recognition of responsibilities within a project, along with its focus on what a project is to deliver (the why, when and for whom), provides your organisation’s projects with:
- a common and consistent approach,
- a controlled and organised start, middle and end,
- regular reviews of progress against plan,
- assurance that the project continues to have a business justification,
- flexible decision points,
- management control of any deviations from the plan,
- the involvement of management and stakeholders at the right time and place during the project,
- good communication channels between the project, project management and the organisation,
- a means of capturing and sharing lessons learned,
- a route to increasing the project management skills and competences of the organisation’s staff at all levels.
Trainer Profile – Mr. David Roberts
A PRINCE2 Approved Trainer with extensive expertise. David has over 20 years in projects and transformational change. He has worked on Company re – organizations, knowledge transfers and installation of Project Office environments.
For additional information please contact Mr. Marios Zambakides, by phone at + 357 7000 3642 or by e – mail at email@example.com